A sweet treat for Spring or Summer! Inspired by our upcoming new Spring line of soy candles. Our first release will be the "Lemon-Lavender" Candle. A crisp yet soothing fragrance that embodies the essence of Spring - Enjoy
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 1 cup milk or half & half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice and peel of 2 lemons finely grate the lemon peel-about 2 tablespoons of juice and 1 tablespoon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender or 2 tablespoons fresh lavender, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350degrees. Grease a loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl combine the egg, milk, oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, and lavender.
- Dump the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until the batter is moistened. (The batter will be lumpy)
- Spoon batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean and top of loaf is cracked.
- Cool for 10 minutes before topping with glaze.
- Melt butter with sugar and lemon juice in small saucepan until well combined.
- Poke holes in the top of the lemon loaves and slowly pour the glaze over the top.